Your air conditioner is like a best friend in the hot summer months, but can cost your greatly if not maintained.
Nearly half of your energy bill comes from your heating and cooling cost. With summer quickly approaching, now is the best time to ensure your equipment is running at its optimal performance.
Simple things like having a dirty air filter and coils can greatly decrease the efficiency of your system. Cleaning or replacing you air filter routinely will go a long way to keeping your system operating well.
Refrigerant leaks can create all kinds of trouble. A system that does not have the proper level of refrigerant will not operate properly and damage the compressor, which is the heart of the AC system. There are many cases where a failed compressor caused extensive downtime.
Contractors also need to be checked on a regular basis, as this component works at length, especially in the summer. If they become burned or pitted the can cause premature compressor failure or a nuisance service call.
- Approximately 44% of your energy bill is heating and cooling
- A dirty coil raises your energy bill by more than 20%
- Changing your air filter can save you up to 5% because the AC Unit will not work as hard.
- A programmable thermostat, such as a NEST, can save you over $150/year
- Studies have shown with a regular tune-ups an AC unit will maintain 90% of its original efficiency. This means that the cost of the annual tune-up is recovered very quickly in energy savings.
Some parts of this in-depth annual checkup require disassembling an air conditioner unit, so we suggest having a professional HVAC company conduct these inspections.
Caon Services Inc. offers free estimates for all work required so don’t hesitate to contact us today via email or call 403-279-6641. Lets discuss getting your Air Conditioner ready for the hot summer months, they’re just around the corner.