The Neodymium Dual Filter Assembly is comprised of a primary Rare Earth Magnet which collects all ferrous materials in the heating system. The Rare Earth Magnet has become extremely popular in almost all technology applications, as they are extremely strong for their small size and resistant to heat. If you have a dirty boiler system you will be very impressed with the results!
This design was first realized by Trung Tran, one of the most innovative senior building operators in Calgary, who wanted to eliminate numerous service calls on pump seals. He started looking for the optimal way to eliminate ferrous particles from a system in one of the buildings he managed. The water in his system went from black to crystal clear within weeks of installing the Neodymium Magnets.
Trung was gracious enough to allow Caon Services Inc. to use his design as part of our dual system. Greg Plowright, an account manager at Caon, adapted the side to incorporate a secondary filter to collect non-ferrous particles as well, with fantastic results.
Most of today’s pumps contain magnets in the rotor where ferrous particles can collect causing potential problems with the pumps performance. The secondary post filter consists of a very fine cotton filter that removes larger ferrous and non-ferrous materials larger than 10 Microns which is standard in hydronic heating systems.
It’s a good idea to keep any hydronic system clean for a number of reasons
- less erosion and corrosion
- better heat transfer
- fewer problems with things like mechanical seals, etc.
- Iron oxide particles that can cause problems
One of the easiest ways to get your systems clean and keep them clean is to use a side stream filter assembly. A portion of the system flow is diverted through the filter assembly constantly collecting particulates for the hydronic heating system.
Built in site glass, shows exact flow rates through the filter assembly allowing the operator a visual indication of when the filter system requires maintenance.
- Double O-ring on filter housing for reliable leak free cartridge replacements is very important to ensure less hassle
- Extremely Powerful Rare Earth bar Magnet attracts all ferrous particles passing by the magnet
- Ball valve drain with hose connection and cap ensures safe fluid handling
- Comes with standard DOE 10 micron cotton wound filter cartridge (other sizes available based on application filters available)
Get rid of ferrous impurities and ultra clean your system by installing a Neodymium Dual Stream Filer in your system. Contact Caon Services Inc. today to discuss your system and the requirements, call or email.